From Fairplay comes the 12 Character Meme.
First, write down 12 characters you've played.
1. Daryl (Amber Diceless)
2. Graal (Shadowrun)
3. Jack (Vampire)
4. Kogor (D&D 3.5)
5. Hrsai (D&D 3.5)
6. Takender Wholesbane (Wheel of Time homebrew)
7. Alanora (AD&D)
8. Kader Firdazz (Star Wars d6)
9. Jeremiah Hiral (Champions)
10. Tav'var (Star Wars d6)
11. Flint Despada (Star Wars d6)
12. Jeremiah (Mage: The Ascension)
Then you answer questions. Don't go to the next step without writing down 12 characters first.
1) Who would make a better college professor: 6 or 11?
Takender or Flint? They both be bad choices-- each is young and just coming to grips with the world. By a nose I'd give it to Flint... who would spend all his time corrupting the youth.
2) Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
#2 is Graal, a tough as nails street punk Orc. To me, he wasn't very sexy, but to his fellow Orks, he proved incredibly attractive. Perhaps mostly as a provider, though his attitude was pure Ork, and there were rumors of many litters with his paternity...
3) 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Jeremiah sends Kader on a mission...
Hmm. That's tricky, because Jeremiah was a lay-chorister-- likely, the mission would be a mission in the religious sense. Given his emphasis on works for the poor, and Kader's passion for eliminating slavery, they might fuse in a totally dangerous way.
4) What is, or would be, 9's favorite book?
Jeremiah Hiral, my senator in a space colony Champions setting? Given his penchant for mind reading, he'd probably be up on Machiavelli's The Prince for guidance on ruling.
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Graal to Takender or vice versa?
That's tough, though I think Graal's dominating personality might be enough to persuade Takender to follow. Though he's no Aes Sedai...
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
Hrsai gets to pick between Jermiah or Tav'var. That'd be tough-- culture shock's there either way. He'd probably pick Jeremiah and regret it; the Senator was quite imperious. If he could get beyond Tav'var's bug munching, they'd probably have a lot of fun discussions about their explorations.
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
That's Graal, Alanora, and Jeremiah. Wow, it'd be hard to find a group further apart. They'd all do well discussing service and public appearances-- Graal and Jeremiah both worked on social movements, while Alanora was a bard in a desperate search for an audience. She might provide entertainment and get a few words in edgewise.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Jack challenges Tav'var? That's terrible; Jack was brutal and simple, willing to engage in horrific crimes to aid his pack. Tav'var was way too live and let live; he'd have to hope to land a solid blaster shot before Jack closed and ripped him apart.
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would they get it back?
If Daryl made off with Kader's booty, Kader's in trouble. He'd have to hope Daryl would return to his Shadow someday...
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
The Reign of Compassion, a joint project between Alanora and Jermiah. Together, they would organize the people of their lands, guiding them in service to each other. It'd probably be a country commune of friends rather than a kingdom, now that I think about it...
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Kogor and Deryl. Deryl would probably be ordered to the Shadow of the Forgotten Realms (ugh) to track down an item. He'd hire a company of mercenaries, among them Kogor...
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Swimmingly, I think. After we got past the culture shock, she'd probably luxuriate in 20th century conveniences. In the evenings, she and her sword would sing duets while we barbequed some grub.
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
Jack's too destructive to unleash on any of the problems in my life; while he'd make a great bodyguard, I don't really need one. I can't think of anyone I need killed, so his big talents would go unused.
14) Does anyone on your friends list resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
Flint's desire to move away from home and prove himself resembles Kev and Eric's moving off after high school, enlisting to see the world.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Between Kogor and Hrsai? That'd be tough-- they're both willing to give quite a bit to do the right thing. It's hard to imagine a conflict where they'd be on opposite sides... I'd probably pick Kogor's side by a nose, just because his personality's more vibrant.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Freedom for all beings!
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Kader would be something with a slow beat and pounding baseline... a martial marching song.
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Daryl, Takender, and Jeremiah... probably Daryl. Jeremiah's pretty polite and gives freely; Takender was raised by too much decorum to wrestle over mere Dim Sum.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Graal to use on Tav'var? That's gross on so many levels...
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Opposing the Baron, breaking and entering, or for ecoterrorism.
21) What is 6's secret?
Takender? His sudden possession of the Old Tounge's secrets....
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Flint's a great pilot, but Jeremiah would use mind control to win.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Even though she could kick butt, Kader's more intimidating than Alanora. (Though her big sword's probably a good enough detterent...)
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Repeated with names: Daryl and Jermiah Hiral reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Kogor's sinister secret organization. Flint volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for Kogor. Meanwhile, Kogor has kidnapped Jeremiah (the Chorister) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Hrsai, they seek out Jack, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
It'd be titled "Unconventional Weapons." Since it's about an Amberite and a Mind Master turning to a brutally destructive vampire to solve their problems...